A few days ago a client of mine asked “how she can have a social life and still get a slammin bod for her wedding!?” She was obviously hoping for some secret advice people in the fitness industry use. She told me that she has been turning down invites recently because she doesn’t want to drink à late night eat à skip the gym the next day à continue eating junk. I get it. Been there, done that and still do it.
Today, whenever something needs to be figured it out we “google it.” We get instant gratification and problems solved because the information is at our fingertips. If you google “how to get in shape” or “how to become healthier” and look past the new fad diet/pill the FDA has yet to approve, you notice that all solutions are based on healthy life-style changes. So, I am sure she was disappointed when I told her there was no best-kept secret or trick to solve her dilemma. Self control and discipline is what your left with.
Over time old habits die hard. Some quick and easy tips to change bad habits that I gave her:
– get a really good work out in the day you have an event to go to
– every other beverage drink a seltzer with cran
– eat a balanced meal before going out
– pace yourself so that you don’t lose all will power to resist those late night cravings
– Most importantly I told her to go to the gym the next day! Yes you may be struggling but if you have followed my tips on dealing with a hangover then even getting a simple sweat in will help. It won’t counter everything that you did the night before but it will help prevent the day after junk eating and two day hangovers. Exercising makes you feel better and many crave healthier foods when they have worked out because they want to continue the trend! Everything takes work it just depends how much work we want to put into it.
Just some fun things to think about 😉
Here is my workout for today:
- Squat (low) 90lbs 4×10 & Chin ups 4×5
- Walking Lunges 2DB 17.5lbs 4×10 & Bench Press 65lbs 4×10
- Deadlift 110lb 4×10 & Reverse Flys 10lbs 2DB 4×10
Completed my workout at home…..
20 Push ups
20 Tricep Dips
20 Crab Crunches
20 leg lifts
20 toe touches
Now I am off to Train and make it through the rest of the week. Since I am going to Punta Cana, DR on Friday for vacation with my man I am working out extra hard this week. He doesn’t know it yet but we will definitely be getting a sweat in each day of vaca to work off all those pina coladas!
HAPPY HUMP DAY!