Almost two weeks ago.. YIKES, where does the time go? I got to celebrate one of my best friends/sisters 30th Birthday! This girl is AH-MAZING! She deserves nothing but the best and it was such a good feeling having all of her closest BFF’s to celebrate her all weekend long! And oh Boy does she have some awesome/party hardy friends!
Reasons why this Birthday Party Rocked:
- It was in Nashville, TN: GO. SERIOUSLY GO THERE NOW! If you have any interest in live music or BBQ food this is your place! This happened to have been my second time there and I can’t wait to go back.
- All her animal friends are awesome! They know how to throw a PAR-TAY!
- We drank and ate our faces off. I ain’t 21 no more but I sure pretended like I was and boy did it feel great (until I woke up in the morning).
- It was a Girls Weekend! (side note: my boyfriend is her brother. AKA I acted like he wasn’t there but was still able to get my morning and goodnight kisses. Best of both worlds.)
- The Music…LIVE MUSIC EVERYWHERE! But just to name a few; Rippy’s, Tootsies, Bourbon Street Blues, lonnies, Honky Tonk, Margaritaville, and everywhere else on Broadway.
- Rangers v. Predators Game: This was my first professional hockey game. I am looking forward to a game at MSG but this did not disappoint.
- Pedal Tavern: I am still not exactly sure how this is legal but I sure am happy it is. Basically you sit on a massive bike with the rest of your friends and drink and pedal your way around downtown. During this time you are able to stop at different bars where most of them have drink specials! Make sure you have some people who are willing to pedal because there are times when you gotta put some back into it. Honestly this is a great thing to do if you are celebrating something or someone or just want a good excuse to drink in public legally. If you go ask for Krista Angelucci….she was our tour guide and if you are lucky she will sing for you guys too. Check out her music on Itunes and Spotify.
- Hotel indigo: Since this was a BIG BIRTHDAY AKA 30th it had to be extra special. Which meant that staying at your average holiday inn was just not going to cut it. We stayed at the Hotel Indigo in Downtown Nashville near Printers Ally. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a convenient place to stay without a car. More to come about the hotel and the hotel fitness facility in the next post J
- The food: When we landed we had a delish BBQ/Mexican inspired lunch at Taco Mamacita in Edge Hill Village. Since we were coming from negative degree weather we thought it would be a good idea to eat outside. Needless to say most of us were warm for about ten minutes but the kind waiters turned on the outside heaters, which kept us “warmer” until we finished our meals. Think fresh margs and southern inspired tacos. Good luck trying to eat more than two!!!! On Sunday we had brunch at The Southern. At first there was an issue with our reservation. But we waived our magic wands and suddenly we were seated immediately….Do NOT mess with 10+ hung over/tired people who are dehydrated and HANGRY! Great food! Highly recommend Atmosphere!
- THE BIRTHDAY GIRL DUH: She had the freakin time of her life and so did the rest of us! Thanks for being born Christine!
And there you have it! A teaser of all things awesome in Nash.
Ya’ll better be booking your next trip to Nashville as we speak! You can thank me later.
If you came here to read about something fitness related and could care less about Nashville (not sure that is possible) Here is a quick 20 minute workout you can do on the go in any hotel room:
- Squat jumps
- Mt. Climbers
- Push ups
- Floor Jacks
- Tricep Dips
- Star Abs
* Each exercise wil be performed for 45 seconds with a 10 second transition/rest period in between. Rest for 1 minute after completing all six exercises and repeat 3-4 times.
And in case you really are interested in Nashville. Below are links to some of the above mentioned.
Downtown/ Bars/ Things to do: